Preparing for Summer — The YardApril 13, 2021
Preparing for Summer — FoodApril 21, 2021
Just because you are likely to spend more time outside in the warmer months doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take care of your house. Here are some things you might want to keep in mind.
- Have your air conditioning checked and serviced if necessary.
- If you have a fireplace, now is a great time for a chimney cleaning. Cleaning companies are much busier in the fall.
- Swap out heavier throws and blankets for lighter weight versions.
- Wash your windows, check you screens, and keep your windows open whenever possible. The fresh air will make a difference.
- Put away winter gear and make space for summer things (hammocks, lawn chairs, sporting goods, etc.).
- You will likely need to change your cleaning schedule. Open windows and more time outside tracks in more dirt and dust. (But it’s worth it!)
- If you have summer dishes (i.e., plastic cps and dishes to be used outside), make sure that they are easily accessible.
- Give a good clean to your fridge and pantry. You want to make sure that you have space for all the wonderful fruits and veggies that will be available. (We’ll talk more about that in our next blog post.)
- Make daily tidying and the Friday tidy part of your routine. Keeping order in the house means more time outside.